no more naked face

If you know me, then you would know that I absolutely hate putting anything on my face, whether it's just doing basic maintenance (cleanse, tone and moisturize) or applying make-up because I can't stick to the routine. I also have this belief that I shouldn't be meddling with what God has given to me since it makes me unique. This includes "masking" imperfections even if it does not involve surgery.

However, since I've been attending quite a number of weddings and official events, I noticed that I always looked pale or underdressed compared to the other ladies and it bothers me that I don't look great on photos. And other people who normally didn't look as pretty as I am without make-up on  looked prettier than me when made up! (Sorry, I just feel naturally beautiful.)

I tried having my make-up done once but it is too costly at Php1,500 for just one night. Being the stingy girl that I am, I have decided that it would be better just to learn how to do it myself so I won't have to pay somebody else to do it for me.

I've finally enrolled in a class at the Suesh Make-up Studio to learn how to do personal make-up, which included learning how to do a "day" look and a "night or smokey eye" look. That's me on the left side of the photo below with my good friend Ava.





For someone who had no background on doing make-up (and I'm almost 30yo at that!), it wasn't so bad. It was quite easy to learn. Our instructor, Suzanne Tan, did a demo first and we were each left on our own to replicate what she did on ourselves. I would say it was a success! I even managed to teach another friend how to do the smokey eye! :)

I guess we can always tweak what has been God-given. Can't wait for the next wedding! :)

1 comment:

  1. yes my dear, you are always naturally beautiful that's why i love you hihi! *mmmwah*

    ReplyDelete