To hell with these cards

I just spoke with a pushy and RUDE bank representative from hell! These damn credit cards are making my veins pop! Because I was so mad after the incident, I decided to write a letter to the bank. Here's how it goes:


Good afternoon!



I just spoke with a representative from ___ Bank at 3:36pm using this number 09__-9632467 telling me that they were sending me a credit card by next week. I was informed that they got my information from ____bank. I told her that I am not interested and she proceeded to ask me to confirm information like my mother's maiden name and the company I work for (both of which she provided correctly). I refused to confirm the information and asked her why I had to confirm the details when I am in fact declining the said card. She then became very rude and repeatedly asked me in Tagalog "nagtataray ka?! so ganon?! nagtataray ka mam?!". I believe I am asserting my rights to privacy when I politely declined her so instead of arguing, I just put down the phone.


These information are very sensitive and if put in the wrong hands, can be very dangerous. I am afraid that access to this kind of information leave customers in a vulnerable position where their financial and personal safety is at stake.


Please look into this matter. It is very unfortunate that this is coming from a reputable bank such as yours. I hope you can do something to avoid this incident in the future.


I understand that people need to make a living doing things they would not normally do given the current situation. But man, can you hear yourself?! Do you understand what you are asking me to do?

Grrr! What makes me even madder is the fact that I know that I can't even go to a government agency to complain about this because I know for a fact that this will just be buried in the pile of other complaints by other people.

What else is there to do?

5 comments:

  1. tama lang ginawa mo. actually dapat nung kausap mo pa lang, sinabihan mo na siya na idirect ka sa supervisor niya at that instant. she was being rude and forcing you to give her private information. you have the right to deny her request.

    wag ka na mainis, i love you naman eh hihihi! *mmmwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok na sana yun comments eh.. kaya lng.. hehe cheesiness! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. so anong nangyari na? nagreply ba?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tinawagan ako ng representative nung "nagrefer na bank". possible daw na sa 3rd party yun. pero di raw sila nagbibigay ng ganung info about the customers. so, to be safe, tatanggalin daw nila ako sa lahat ng lists para wala na raw akong matanggap na tawag from 3rd parties.

    ironically, after nya tumawag. may tumawag ulit. hahaha. pero ok lang kasi taga bank naman nila. nag-ooffer na magtransfer ng balance.

    ReplyDelete